Our Technology Heritage Gallery
Since the dawn of human civilization, different cultures from across the world have contributed to the growth of science & technology, often through interactions. An attempt is made in this exhibition to showcase that science & technology in India originated and developed independently, and that its achievements are quite as profound as their counterparts in other cultures.
What to See?
– Early Mathematical foundations in India, Harappan technologies
– Mining and Metallurgy, Copper, Iron, Zinc and Wootz Steel production
– Lost wax casting, Bidriware, Rasashala (Alchemy), Perfumery processes
– Medicine & Surgery and Art & Architecture in ancient India
– Shipping & Navigation, Water lifting devices, Cotton gin in ancient India
– Heritage of Glass work, Coin making, Traditional crafts and Textiles